Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Auckland - my last stop :(

Tuesday 24th - Thursday 26th January 2012


We arrive in Auckland late afternoon, so we just check in yet another awful hostel (I am ready for home now!!) thankfully it is just the three of us in the dorm which is nice J We just chill out as there is a Kiwi Experience evening at one of the bars in town which includes free food and drink, so naturally we are all heading there!

Another fun evening of Helen and I disco dancing and putting the worlds to right over a few rum and ginger ales - my new favourite drink!

I am so happy that my last few days are spent with Helen, Louise and Nella (girl from Bramhall).  As I originally thought I would be in Auckland on my own, but their plans changed slightly which meant we would all be in Auckland together - good times J

My last full day in New Zealand was spent sunbathing at Mission Bay beach.  Nella and I were keen to make the most of the beautiful blue sky and sunshine so we hopped on the bus to the beach just before midday.  Helen and Louise spent the afternoon exploring Auckland’s shops.

Nella is really lovely and will be nice to have a new friend back home when she returns from her travels.

It is such a lovely sunny day! I am so happy the sun came out for my last day as I was in desperate need of topping up the tan before I head home!!!

When our skin had had enough cooking time we went for a bite to eat and headed back to start getting ready for our last night together and the last night of my travels L We meet up with Julia (from the Kiwi bus, she lives in Auckland) for dinner and a few drinks and she shows us the nice non-backpacker bars which makes me very happy.  So much so, that I order a glass of pink champagne to toast the end of my trip, hehe J


We then hit the rest of the bars in Auckland for a fun night out!

Helen and Louise leave at 7am on Thursday morning as they head off to the Bay of Islands for a few days.  It’s a shame I didn’t extend my trip by just a few more days so I could have joined them.  But I guess the Islands aren’t going anywhere and it just means I will have to swing by NZ again some day J

It was really sad saying bye to the girls. I have had such a great time with them and so lucky to once again have made some fab friends on my travels.

Nella and I go for lunch on the harbour and then I grab my backpack for the last time and hop on the bus to the airport.


So my 8 weeks have finally come to an end – I have doubled in size, lost a few brain cells (or rather left my brain in Dubai!) and been tested to the absolute max by hostel living!!! However, I have had THE most amazing time. The whole 8 weeks have been so much more than I ever imagined!  I have made some great friends along the way, seen stunning views every day and experienced things I never thought I could/would ever do!!

I am very sad to be leaving this lifestyle behind and will miss it greatly, adjusting back to reality will certainly be interesting… But I am ready to go home and see my fabulous friends, who I have missed everyday on my trip, and of course go home to little Dot and John for those home comforts.
I am so pleased I managed to keep a log of my little adventure as it was certainly a trip of a lifetime, and one I will never forget!

Next stop - home J

No comments:

Post a Comment