Saturday 7th January
Last Day in Australia
I arrived in Sydney at 8am after my epic coach trip. Said bye to my coach friend and headed to Base Hostel (where I had stayed last week) and they let me check my bag in and use the bathroom and facilities as my flight to New Zealand wasn’t until 7pm.
After living it up in a campervan for the last four days it was good to chill out at the hostel and freshen up and getting some washing done so I was all ready for adventure to New Zealand.
I then headed into Sydney and just enjoyed walking around the city for the last time. Was nice just relaxing and soaking up the sun, I still really love this city I definitely would love to come back again.
I then met up with Claire who I met on the Whitsunday trip and sat in Hyde Park with her for a bit as there was a music festival going on.
It was then time for me to head to the airport for my New Zealand flight.
I was feeling very emotional as I flew out of Australia, was sad to be saying bye to life down under! I have really really loved my time here and met some lovely people and made great friends along the way.
My adventure in Australia has been so much more than I thought it would be – a very lucky, relaxed and happy Ruthy J
I didn’t arrive at my hostel in Christchurch until 2am (the hostel is a converted prison, very strange place and had quite eerie feel to it!) and I was getting picked up at 7am to catch the Tranz Alpine train to Greymouth where I start my Kiwi Experience. I am majorly lacking in sleep, but feeling very excited about New Zealand!
No comments:
Post a Comment