Sunday, 22 January 2012

My Birthday in Windy Wellington

Thursday 19th January


We arrive in Wellington on Wednesday afternoon.  We had to get the ferry from Picton to Wellington which was a pleasant journey and a change from sitting on a coach.

Wellington is extremely windy, apparently it is called Windy Wellington which I never knew….!

Once checked in I go and find the other girlies as we are heading out for a few birthday drinks.  I got a nice surprise when I got to their room as James, one of the lads I have been with since the start of my NZ trip, had stayed an extra night in Wellington so he could join us for birthday drinks – a very nice surprise!


My Birthday

After a slow morning – skyped Mum and Heather J and opening my lovely cards that had been sent in my backpack - we are all up and head to a lovely restaurant for brunch, just what we all needed after last night.


We then head down to the riverside and hire two man trikes so we can go for a ride around the harbour – quite difficult when windy Wellington is really living up to its name!! All good fun though J


After the bike ride we head back and chill out for a bit before heading out to Wagamamas for dinner.  The girls organised a birthday cake and candles for me which was really lovely of them J


I have had such a fun birthday! Pretty amazing I have spent it in New Zealand but also with some really great people!!
We are on the bus at 7:30am tomorrow to head for Taupo.

No comments:

Post a Comment