Monday, 2 January 2012

Sunday 1st and Monday 2nd January 2012

Sunday 1st January and Monday 2nd January 2012

I have had a very chilled couple of days and start to 2012 –just enjoying Sydney and also getting sorted for the road trip to Melbourne.

On New Year’s Day and we all just caught up on sleep, washing and online action and then we headed to Hyde Park to catch the afternoon sun.


We planned a last night out on New Year’s Day eve as we are parting ways with Danielle and Chelle on Tuesday morning so we wanted to make sure we saw the New Year in with some Sydney disco dancing!


Monday was a very lazy day again, as we all were surviving on 3 hours sleep so was nice to just chill out and enjoy our last day together.  I also had to check out the hostel at 10am, but was staying / hiding in the girls room for one more night for free as the hostel was fully booked so we just hibernated for the day.

I sliced my thumb on my razor this morning and if you know me and blood that was not a pleasant experience, thank god Amy is a nurse and Chelle was armed with plasters, poor me!!

It is sad to be parting ways with Danielle and Chelle, they have definitely kept me laughing none stop since I got to Sydney.  They are now heading up the East Coast.

I am very excited to be picking up the campervan in the morning and going on our road trip! We pick it up at 9am and it should take us about 12 hours to drive to Melbourne.  We then start the Great Ocean Road drive on Wednesday morning and have to be back in Melbourne on Friday evening so I can catch the Greyhound back to Sydney ready for my flight to New Zealand on Saturday 7th January!!

Sad to be leaving Sydney as I have really loved this city – but plenty more fun times to be had!!

No comments:

Post a Comment