Thursday 29th December 2011
It is Danielle's birthday today and we are all going on a dinner cruise around the Harbour - slighly posh for backpackers!
Before heading onto the cruise I popped into Wicked Travel Agent to try and sort out the Great Ocean Road trip with Jo and Amy. And it looks like it is going to happen and cost less than thought. The plan is to pick up a campervan from Sydney, then drive it to Melbourne. We will then spend three days doing the Great Ocean Road. I then need to get on the Greyhound back to Sydney so I can get my flight to New Zealand on the 7th January, eeeek! Very excited about next week and then heading to New Zealand!
The crusie was so lovely, however we had a minor issue getting there as the taxi man managed to take us to the wrong side of Darling Harbour! So we had to run round the whole of the Harbour in less than 10 mins to catch the ferry, a little stressful but bit of exercise at least ;-)
There was an all you can eat buffet, and it was soooooo good! You could spot the backpacker table a mile off, we definately got our monies worth - none of us needed to eat a thing for the rest of the day!!
It was a really lovely day! Sun shining and I don't think I will ever get bored of looking at Sydney Harbour! The girls are great fun and I feel very lucky (once again!) to have met them!
I met up with an old high school friend in the evening. Not seen him for over 12 years so was really nice to catch up. I met him at the Opera Bar which had such amazing views of the Opera House and Bridge at night. We also went to a couple of bars in The Rocks, which is an area that has some of Sydney's oldest buildings, one of which was Sydney's oldest pub! Would have been rude not to go in there!! We were joined by a couple of random Scottish lads who were great fun and continued to offer to buy us free drinks!!!
Was a very good night and lovely to go to normal bars instead of being surrounded by backpackers, plus even better when I don't have to spend lots of money, hehe!!
It is Danielle's birthday today and we are all going on a dinner cruise around the Harbour - slighly posh for backpackers!
Before heading onto the cruise I popped into Wicked Travel Agent to try and sort out the Great Ocean Road trip with Jo and Amy. And it looks like it is going to happen and cost less than thought. The plan is to pick up a campervan from Sydney, then drive it to Melbourne. We will then spend three days doing the Great Ocean Road. I then need to get on the Greyhound back to Sydney so I can get my flight to New Zealand on the 7th January, eeeek! Very excited about next week and then heading to New Zealand!
The crusie was so lovely, however we had a minor issue getting there as the taxi man managed to take us to the wrong side of Darling Harbour! So we had to run round the whole of the Harbour in less than 10 mins to catch the ferry, a little stressful but bit of exercise at least ;-)
There was an all you can eat buffet, and it was soooooo good! You could spot the backpacker table a mile off, we definately got our monies worth - none of us needed to eat a thing for the rest of the day!!
It was a really lovely day! Sun shining and I don't think I will ever get bored of looking at Sydney Harbour! The girls are great fun and I feel very lucky (once again!) to have met them!
I met up with an old high school friend in the evening. Not seen him for over 12 years so was really nice to catch up. I met him at the Opera Bar which had such amazing views of the Opera House and Bridge at night. We also went to a couple of bars in The Rocks, which is an area that has some of Sydney's oldest buildings, one of which was Sydney's oldest pub! Would have been rude not to go in there!! We were joined by a couple of random Scottish lads who were great fun and continued to offer to buy us free drinks!!!
Was a very good night and lovely to go to normal bars instead of being surrounded by backpackers, plus even better when I don't have to spend lots of money, hehe!!
No comments:
Post a Comment