Friday, 23 December 2011

SYDNEY BABY!!


Friday 23rd December 2011
After an epic journey with about an hours sleep in total the whole way! (Glad that was my last one!) I get to Sydney about 8am, feeling very tired but also ridiculously excited I have arrived here!!! As we drove in I saw the Harbour Bridge, and I just couldn’t believe I was here J

I joined up with the Essex girls (Jo and Amy) as we are all in the same hostel and we go get checked in.  And in typical Ruth style, I have managed to book myself in the “upgrade room” hehe! Booked this back in August and I had no idea.  It is girls only and called The Sanctuary.  I get clean towels every day and complimentary toiletries, love it! The girls were laughing at me and suggested I go in their room, but it was so peaceful and spacious I decided to stay where I was as I am here 10 nights so really want to start getting some sleep in! Plus I get nice clean white fluffy towels every day!!

We have a quick wander around, but the three of us are like zombies so we just spend rest of the day chilling in the dorm and having a mini beauty session ready for Christmas! Jo also fills me in on New Zealand and they went before they came to Oz, so I am now armed and getting excited about my next adventure!!

It is lovely being with Jo and Amy and we have joined forces on the shopping front so I have stocked up on cheap food so I can cook something every night now that I am based somewhere for  longer than two days.

I also skype Mum, Dad and Auntie Joan for the first time since I have been out here.  It is Little Dot’s birthday so I was really pleased I got to wish her a happy birthday!! It was really lovely to see them and I will miss them on Christmas day and little dots cooking!

So, Christmas Eve tomorrow and I still don’t feel festive! Tomorrows plan is to meet a few of the other girls in the Botanical Gardens for a picnic and then we are going on a FREE walking tour (3.5hrs) around Sydney.  I thought this would enable us to get our bearings as I really don’t want to miss anything!!!
I also want to book on a couple of trips - Blue Mountains and climb the Harbour Bridge!

We have booked to go to Bondi Beach on Christmas Day.  There is a BBQ and little music festival, so should be good fun.  We are going to purchase some Christmas bits from the dollar shop, and we plan to do a secret santa so we all have something little to open in the morning.  Getting me more in the festive spirit....!

But, Christmas Day in Sydney and on Bondi Beach – festive enough for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment