Saturday, 17 December 2011

FLASHPACKERS in Noosa - yeah baby!!!

Saturday 17th December 2011
Up early again for a (free) pancake breakfast! Yes, I am eating so yes the pounds will be pilling on which concerns me a little…… Wish I hadn’t ditched my running trainers in Dubai now L
Anyway…….. we are on the bus and reach Noosa at 11:30am and checked in to our lovely FLASHPACKER Hostel by 12noon.  And honestly, I think this actually might be the most excited I have been all trip, hehe! This place is so lovely – free wifi, free breakfast, lovely settings, clean kitchen, only 4 to a room and…… TWO PILLOWS, amazing!! It really is a nice place, wish they were all like this J
Anyway, after checking in Sofia and I decide to book to go visit Australia Zoo which is Steve Irwins place. We are going tomorrow for the day and I am really looking forward to it, especially the cuddling and feeding Koalas J
We then head down (in the free shuttle bus provided) to the main beach.  Check out the lush shops en route, which I have to remind myself that I am a backpacker and this is not a shopping trip! And we just go sit and chill on another lovely beach.  Noosa is a really lovely place, lots of money and nice big houses and restaurants.  Shame I am a backpacker here as could quite easily have a nice weeks holiday lounging around!

Today I have really been thinking how lucky I am to be doing this trip – every day I get to visit a new and beautiful beach, see some amazing views and meet new people on the way.  There is a lot of thinking going on full stop, but today I felt especially lucky to be doing this!
So, after some skin frying, we hit the super market for 50cent noodles and tinned vegetables for our dinner, cheap as chips! And Sofia and I are very proud of ourselves for making such a “backpackers” lunch – however, now at Flashpackers, people were looking at us funny for making such a cheap dinner whilst they are cooking curries and spaghetti bol…
This evening is a chilled one as up at 7am again tomorrow to go to the Zoo (yipeee!) – so washing Fraser Island out of our clothes and backpacks and hitting the free Wi-Fi all night, exciting times I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment