Monday 5th December 2011
My first trip of my little adventure - off to see the Great Barrier Reef! (I haven't got a pic right now as I am waiting for the ones off the girls as they had waterproof cameras, will update when I get it)
We set off at 7am (I am still lacking sleep.....!) and went off with Tusa Dive company who took us out for the day. The weather was amazing and my pale skin needed lots of suncream!
My new friend, Sofia and I met up with three other girls on the boat, all from UK and ended up spending rest of the day with them.
We listened to a dive intro talk and were told we could try it out for free if we wanted, so thought now would be the ideal opportunity for me to have a go. For those that know me really well would know that putting me in a snorkle and scuba suit and jumping off the back of the boat was already quite challenging for me, so you can imagine what I was like attempting to dive........!!! Needless to say it didn't go to plan and I came back up pretty much straight away, haha!! Still, I had a go :-( my instructor was a scouse, maybe that had something to do with it!!
The snorklling was AMAZING though, the water was perfect and saw loads of fab little fishes and even a reef shark!
Once back we all went for dinner and the two new girls and making plans to head to the Whitsunday's with them on Thursday!! Exciting!
Tomorrow, off to Cape Tribulation to explore the worlds oldest rainforest....
My first trip of my little adventure - off to see the Great Barrier Reef! (I haven't got a pic right now as I am waiting for the ones off the girls as they had waterproof cameras, will update when I get it)
We set off at 7am (I am still lacking sleep.....!) and went off with Tusa Dive company who took us out for the day. The weather was amazing and my pale skin needed lots of suncream!
My new friend, Sofia and I met up with three other girls on the boat, all from UK and ended up spending rest of the day with them.
We listened to a dive intro talk and were told we could try it out for free if we wanted, so thought now would be the ideal opportunity for me to have a go. For those that know me really well would know that putting me in a snorkle and scuba suit and jumping off the back of the boat was already quite challenging for me, so you can imagine what I was like attempting to dive........!!! Needless to say it didn't go to plan and I came back up pretty much straight away, haha!! Still, I had a go :-( my instructor was a scouse, maybe that had something to do with it!!
The snorklling was AMAZING though, the water was perfect and saw loads of fab little fishes and even a reef shark!
Once back we all went for dinner and the two new girls and making plans to head to the Whitsunday's with them on Thursday!! Exciting!
Tomorrow, off to Cape Tribulation to explore the worlds oldest rainforest....

No comments:
Post a Comment