Saturday, 17 December 2011

Fraser Island


Wednesday 14th December 2011 – Friday 16th December

Up for a pancake breakfast at 7am and assigned to our vehicle – we are packed with enough food and booze to get us through the next three days, along with all our camping equipment.


Sofia and I are put in a group with three German lads and two Canadian girls (again, I am the oldest by 9 years, eeeek!!!!!!!) .  We are in the car with the tag driver which means none of us are driving but to be honest it was more fun having an experienced driver as he was much faster , knew the route like the back of his hand but also meant we had our very own tour guide! There were then another three cars full following us.  So 24 of us hit Fraser Island.


The next three days were basically just spent touring the island, visiting some beautiful fresh water lakes, a ship wreck and beaches along with attempting to survive living on a beach! And when I say survive, I really mean survive!!! No toilet and when you have to pop off to find a toilet you are confronted my dingos, Sofia proved to not be a very good look out for me!!

It was a really fun trip and was spent with a great group of people.  I have now met three more lovely girls (two from Essex and one from Edinburgh) who I am going to catch up with again in Byron and Sydney.

Once back, showered and fed and watered had a few drinks at the hostel and then had to get packed again so ready for the bus picking Sofia and I up in the morning to head to Noosa and check in at FLASHPACKERS, yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment