Saturday, 17 December 2011

Rainbow Beach


Tuesday 13th December 2011

Rainbow Beach

After a very long bus journey (I have to say I am very grateful for my ear phones from Stephen, they are an absolute dream and my best present ever.  Block out ALL sound, amazing!) we got to Rainbow Beach about 10am.

Once checked in Sofia and I headed down to Rainbow Beach for a chill out and sunbath. It get's it's name due to the different minerals in the sand that create it to have various colours, creates a very beautiful beach!

Saw my first Oz lifeguards today which was quite exciting - it feels very “Australian” here! First sighting of the lifeguards but also crazy names such as Bruce High Way and Tin Can Bay, hehe!  We thought we would try save some money by cooking.  However this didn’t quite turn out as cheap as we thought, but we had a nice salad all the same and the rest of the backpackers in the kitchen were all very impressed with our dinner! I really need to start getting on the packet $1 noodles….


We had to attend a briefing before we headed out to Fraser Island.  After the guide had put the fear of god into us – aggressive dingos, people dying in the sea, falling off cliffs etc –  we were put into groups for the trip.  We basically go out in 4x4’s and drive across the beach and through the dirt tracks of Fraser Island to check out what it has to offer! Everyone can have a go at driving but I haven’t brought my license out with me so I missed out there!! Anyway, then it was an early night and make the most out of a real bed.  Although, this hostel is pretty nasty L I am looking forward to checking into Flashpackers in Noosa after this trip, will be a nice treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment